To direct and supervise all functions of the bakery department. Responsible for the overall direction and leadership of the department.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Responsible for following merchandising plans for the department.
2) Responsible for ordering to maintain inventory control and ensure freshness and product quality.
3) Responsible to order and maintain asset control of commercial bread while ensuring freshness and product quality (specifically Stroehman, Maier s, and private label.)
4) Enforce and follow all policies regarding receiving, dating, and restocking to ensure product rotation.
5) Participate in shrink control.
6) Effectively schedule and supervise department employees.
7) Maintain and ensure compliance with company policies related to safety and sanitation.
8) Maintain and submit required records and reports.
9) Monitor product quality and freshness
10) Maintain and ensure compliance with local, state, and government weights and measures and health department regulations.
11) Oversee the baking and general production of the department.
12) Oversee the training of new bakery department employees.
13) Greet customers and provide prompt and courteous service.
14 ) Promote and maintain positive employee relations.
15) Maintain budgeted percentages related to sales distribution, labor control, and shrink control.
16) Must be capable of decorating cakes.SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Assist with the unloading of merchandise.
2) Monitor supply inventory to minimize out of stocks.
3) Filling and merchandising of entire sales area.
4) Participate in general cleaning and housekeeping in the department.MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1) Must have math skills at a level that would enable accurate counting of merchandise.
2) Must have strong communications skills.
3) Must have dexterity of hands to enable bagging and packaging of products.
4) Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds up to fifty percent (50%) of the time.
Loading some great jobs for you...