The purpose of the Electronics Technician B is to diagnose, repair, install, maintain and adjust all designated electronic equipment within the facility. This will include repairs, PM's, diagnostics, troubleshooting and emergency response on equipment
This position is for 2nd shift
* Read and understand equipment manuals, electronic and electrical schematic diagrams
* Responsible to move throughout the facility, reach vertical heights up to 150' to perform repairs, PMs and monitor equipment in both open and confined spaces
* Perform regular adjustments, calibrations and repair work in response to department demands both during production and non production hours.
* Respond to processing managers needs and request on an as needed basis or through work assignments as assigned by Manager.
* Performs preventative maintenance as assigned which includes but is not limited to repair, diagnostics, cleaning, lubrications and upgrading of machinery, scales, printers necessary computers, etc.
* Respond to emergency breakdowns during both on and off duty hours to ensure operations continue on a 24 hours a day basis.
* Walk, carrying boxes, tools and machines parts on wet and greasy floors for distance over 100 feet during performance of job function
* Generates and submits paperwork relative to work performance, such as daily work orders, parts requisitions and any related to meetings, safety, etc.
* Perform all equipment repairs and daily work within OSHA regulations, lockout /tag-out, and Perdue safety book guidelines.
* Have a working knowledge of tools utilized by the electronics department to install, repair, maintain and test food processing equipment.
* Communicate as necessary to all other Electronic Technician daily issues, fixes, needed repairs, emergency repairs, as well as any needed scheduled repairs needed for weekend work.
* Diagnose and repair equipment to the circuit board levels
* Use programming knowledge of PLC's, Panel view Programming, and Weight Ronix Simpose rSoftware.
* Performs electronics shop functions as directed by management.
* Vocational/Technical school training in electronics/computers and 18 months practical experience in electronics or industrial electricity/maintenance
* At least 18 yrs of age
* Legally authorized to work in the United States
* Reading, writing, math and analytical skills required. Must know shop math, be able to read blueprints, schematics and interpret same.
* Be proficient and able to repair, install, and maintain control circuits and motors, three phase volts: 480 volts, 440 bolts, 220 volts, 208 volts and single-phase volts: 120/110 volts.
* Valid state drivers license (Class \"C\")
* Must be NFPA 70E, CPR and First Aid Certified.
* Knowledge of general wiring practice per National Electrical Code.
* Exposed to air born dust, chemicals such as hexane, caustic soda, ethanol, aluminum chloride.
* Must have the ability to move through the facility and carry required equipment, tools which could weigh as much as 100lbs.
* Must wear required safety equipment including self-containing breathing apparatus as required.
* Must wear FR rated clothing as required.
* Exposed to existing weather conditions while outside work is performed willing and able to work around dust, feathers, animals, and various cleaning chemicals.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Associated topics: cable, cable harness, electrical, electrician, journeyman electrician, power, satellite, solar, troubleshoot, voltage