Authority and responsibility for all aspects of the Problem Commercial C&I or CRE Loan Portfolio in order to protect the Bank against losses and to ensure an effective and efficient outcome. Administer the turnaround or exit of complex credit relationships through restructurings and forbearance agreements which may include providing ongoing financing or the liquidation of the borrower.Primary Responsibilities:
- Analyze Borrowers' and Guarantors' financial statements and 13 week cash flows to measure and monitor the customers' performance and adherence to covenants within existing governing documents in addition to underwriting any restructurings or forbearance agreements
- Work closely with Credit Quality Assurance, informing them of any impactful changes within the portfolio which may impact PD ratings or require the need for a charge off.
- Work with outside and in-house counsel as appropriate throughout the oversight of a relationship, including participation in Bankruptcy Court proceedings or State and Federal Court proceedings
- Work closely with other department personnel, financial institutions, insurance companies, turnaround consultants, and vendors that may be relied upon to provide information on the portfolio.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
None, may provide coaching/leadership to junior staff. Education and Experience Required:
5 years' workout experience on the most complex commercial credits or 1 year experience with a turnaround consulting firm,
OR in lieu of,
A combined minimum of 9 years higher education and work experience to include a minimum of 5 years' workout experience on the most complex commercial credits or 1 year experience with a turnaround consulting firm.Location
Associated topics: loan officer, loan originator, loan review, loan servicing officer, mortgage loan officer, officer, personal banker, personal banker ii, personal banker iv, relationship