InterDigital develops fundamental wireless technologies that are at the core of mobile devices, networks, and services worldwide. We solve many of the industry's most critical and complex technical challenges, inventing solutions for more efficient broadband networks and a richer multimedia experience years ahead of market deployment. InterDigital has licenses and strategic relationships with many of the world's leading wireless companies. Founded in 1972, InterDigital is listed on NASDAQ and is included in the S&P MidCap 400? index. For more information please visit www.interdigital.com.
This fast-paced Patent Administrator position in the company's Patents Department will support the management of a very large worldwide patent portfolio of patents and applications. This role will be involved in US and foreign patent prosecution practice, as well as with issues specific to in-house patent portfolio management.
* Act as conduit between internal portfolio managers, outside counsel and other third party vendors: frequently interface with vendors to ensure that they adhere to established prosecution processes and established data entry standards into our IP asset management software; identify issues and ensure satisfactory resolutions.
* Support the department's transition to a new IP asset management software platform, as well as its integration of processes and workflow of a recently-acquired patents team.
* Process and follow up on departmental vendor invoices, wire payments and statements of account.
* Coordinate portfolio review meetings: prepare agenda, assemble and distribute documents, and record meeting results.
* Perform database queries and generate portfolio-related reports for use by portfolio managers, senior management and other areas within the business.
* Effectively convert query results and reports into presentable documents, charts, tables and presentations.
* Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred. Paralegal certificate is desirable.
* Minimum five (5) years' patent experience, with an emphasis on working with in-house and/or outside counsel in US and foreign patent prosecution matters.
* Candidates with extensive experience are encouraged to apply, as the position will be tailored to the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
* Requires a high level of attention to detail and strong interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, the ability to shift priorities quickly and re-prioritize tasks without compromising deadlines in a dynamic work environment is essential.
* Requires proactive work habits and strong organizational and follow-up skills.
* Excellent MS Excel skills and significant experience with patent databases and IP asset management tools strongly preferred.
* Previous experience with document management systems is desirable.
Location: Wilmington, DE or Princeton, NJ
InterDigital is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, immigrant status, military status, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, atypical heredity cellular or blood trait, marital status, family status, domestic partner or civil union status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, assignments, evaluations, coaching, promotion, discipline, discharge and layoff.