Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager job in Dover, Delaware.
This Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager is a civilian position providing care to the extensive military medical system that supports active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager Job Overview:
- Monday-Friday day schedule
- Holidays off
- Fantastic PTO accural rate PLUS 10 paid holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager Job Qualifications:
- Assessment: Proactively identifies and evaluates patients and families for case management from a variety of sources such as discharge/disposition planning, referrals, the Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) process, the healthcare system, employers and facility staff. Conducts systematic, on-going, thorough collection of patient's physical, emotional, psychological, social and medical status and information via direct patient contact and other relevant sources such as professional and non-professional caregivers, medical records, family/caregiver interviews.
- Planning: Develops an appropriate patient-specific plan of care to include short and long term goals, objectives and actions. Coordinates, collaborates, and obtains approval of the plan among the patient, family/caregiver, primary provider and other members of the healthcare team.
- Implementation: Guides the patient and family/care giver through the healthcare system, maximizing use of resources. Coordinates and executes the plan of care, optimizing access to appropriate services. Ensures necessary referrals are ordered by the appropriate discipline and coordinated. Serves as an advocate for, and ensures education is provided to, the patient and family/caregiver as required. Promotes adherence to treatment plans for improved healthcare outcomes.
- Coordination; Ensures coordination of care delivery processes, to include alternate healthcare settings and the home environment, for the purposes of enhancing the patient's health and wellness, safety, productivity, and quality of life, and for providing the most beneficial, cost-effective health care. Develops, utilizes and maintains a variety of military and community resources to optimize access to services and medical care. Ensures timely and appropriate provision of services.
- Monitoring: Documents and updates the treatment plan as needed in accordance with existing DoD, AF, local facility and other agency guidelines. Maintains documentation and data collection in accordance with DoD, AF, local facility and other specified agency guidelines. Conducts and/or participates in program evaluation as directed.
- Evaluation: Monitoring and evaluation may include, but is not limited to: patient's adherence and response to the treatment plan; timeliness of patient and family/caregiver contact and follow-up; identification of variances, patterns or trends from established practice guidelines and/or standards; established outcome measurements; results of interventions, treatment delivery and timeliness of care; and utilization of resources.
- Monitors and evaluates the facility's case management program per DoD, AF and local policies and guidelines.
- Coordinates and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings, designated facility meetings, and Care Coordination meetings. Shares knowledge and experiences gained from own clinical nursing practice and education relevant to nursing and case management.
- Participates in the orientation and training of other staff. May serve on committees, work groups, and task forces at the facility.
- Must maintain a level of productivity and quality consistent with: complexity of the assignment; facility policies and guidelines; established principles, ethics and standards of practice of professional nursing; the Case Management Society of America (CMSA); American Accreditation Healthcare Commission/Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC); CAMH; (AAAHC); Health Services Inspection (HSI); and other applicable DoD and Service specific guidance and policies. Must also comply with the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Program, infection control and safety policies and procedures.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (BLS) by AHA
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse. Any U.S. state/jurisdiction.
- Graduate from an associate (AON) or baccalaureate degree (BSN) program in nursing accredited by a national nursing accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education.
- RN Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license. Any U.S. jurisdiction.
- Certified Case Manager by CCM or ANCC
- Certification Eligible with 3 years experience for AON (or 2 years experience for BSN) in full-time clinical case management with children, families, seniors, or groups.
- Computer competency (Microsoft Office, computer operations, et al)
Position contingent upon contract award with a Spring 2019 start date . Incumbents highly encouraged to contact us. Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Keyphrases: medical case management jobs, case manager jobs, case manager consultant jobs, case management consultant jobs, geriatric case management jobs, case management nursing jobs, nurse case manager jobs
Associated topics: asn, bsn, care, domiciliary, hospice, intensive, intensive care unit, maternal, recovery, surgical