Special Agent: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Compensation: $78,840.00 - $111,620.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
As an FBI Special Agent with expertise in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields, you'll have a career like no other. Your STEM background provides skillsets in areas the FBI needs most. To keep pace with evolving threats, we need Special Agents who are logical thinkers and experienced in network security, computer science, software engineering, mathematical formulation and technology. And as a Special Agent, you will be integrated into all of the different areas in which we work.
Technology permeates every aspect of what we do, whether it's counterterrorism, criminal investigations or traditional cyberattacks. Investigating technology and computer-based cybercrimes (website hacks, intrusions, data theft, ransomware and other attacks) make up some of our top priorities.
Whether it's a counterterrorism or counterintelligence investigation, your skills could make the difference in catching the bad guy. You'll also have opportunities to become a Technically Trained Agent or part of our Computer Analysis Response Teams - our most elite teams that provide technological services to meet unique investigative needs in operational environments.
You can expect continued specialized training once onboard and you will work on some of the Bureau's most complex cases. The scope and scale of our investigations provide unique challenges unlike anything you could work on in the private sector. Your ultimate mission: to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
Being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and amazing experiences.
What you'll need to succeed:
* Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
* A deep understanding of the deployment, administration and support of information and computing infrastructure.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both technical and nontechnical colleagues and stakeholders, both internally and externally.
* Be detail-oriented, yet keep a strategic focus.
* Ability to objectively evaluate information and make sound judgments.
* BA/BS degree in information technology, forensic science, computer technology or similar disciplines.
* Honesty and integrity must be the foundation of who you are.
* Demonstrated technical expertise and problem-solving ability.
* The drive and commitment to make a difference in the communities you serve.
All applicants are evaluated on core competencies of collaboration, communication, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal ability, leadership, organizing/planning and problem solving/judgment.
The FBI Special Agent position requires significant commitment and dedication from you and your family, but it's an experience you will never forget. As a Special Agent, you will join an elite team of people committed to the highest technical and ethical standards. Our team has a mission like no other and our people are sought after as some of the best in their fields.
* Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
* Must have a bachelor's degree or master's degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
* Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
* Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
* Possess a valid driver's license with at least six months driving experience.
* Meet all FBI physical requirements, be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy in Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
* Commit to serving as a Special Agent for a minimum of three years.
* Successfully complete approximately 20 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy.
* Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include odd hours, and be on call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
* Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
Associated topics: biochemistry, calculus, ecology, fibroblast, geography, mathematics natural sciences, neurology, physics, physiology, precalculus
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...