The LCSW is dedicated to providing excellent care for the emotional and mental health of Connections’ consumers to improve their quality of life. Under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor, the LCSW will deliver care to consumers with mental health and co-occurring disorders, provide case management, outreach, individual, group, and psycho-education services to adults with substance use disorders. The LCSW will develop individualized treatment plans based on the client’s needs to include the coordination of referral agents and other services needed to reduce barriers to treatment.
Education and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Clinical Mental Health, Addiction, Addiction and Substance Abuse, Applied Behavior Analysis, Rehabilitation Counseling, or related field
• Post-degree supervised clinical experience
• Valid Delaware License for Clinical Social Worker
• CPR and First Aid Certification
• Valid driver’s license and clean MVR (motor vehicle record)
• Professionally participates in team conferencing to create and implement care plan for clients
• Completes all assigned tasks from the daily schedule which may include:
• Maintains a therapeutic alliance with clients
• Refers and links clients to all needed services provided by outside agency
• Follows up to see that services are delivered
• Works with community agencies to develop needed resources including housing, employment options, and income assistance
• Documents and keeps other staff, clinical coordinators, and Program Director informed of all changes in the consumer’s mental or social status.
• Carries primary or secondary cell phone as assigned and responds to after hour and emergency calls in accordance with program directives.
• Provides education and works as an advocate for persons served in the community.
• Performs other duties as requested or assigned, verbally or in writing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Problem Solving: Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
• Inductive Reasoning: Keenly observes and gets to know clients, anticipates how client may react, and considers appropriate strategies to meet needs.
• Written Communication: Expert at documentation, notes are professional, descriptive, free of grammatical errors
• Oral Communication: Ability to relate and convey concise directions to clients and all who are part of Connections team. Ability to advocate for client with professionalism and compassion when talking with external support members.
• Quality Control: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with understanding of time frames and details related to appointments, deadlines, and goals.
• Adaptability: Adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and demonstrate ability to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events and ability to work under emergency conditions.
• Stress Tolerance: Recognize crisis situations and react to such in a calm, mature manner; accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations; and the ability to identify, react to, and report security concerns.
• Visual: Requires clarity of vision at distances of 20 inches or less.Requirements
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Intermittent standing, sitting, walking, and driving.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...