The following Career Opportunity is currently available within Chesapeake Utilities Corporation.
Position: IT Business Analyst
Location: Dover or Newark, DE
Responsible for exhibiting Chesapeake Utilities Corporation's Mission, Vision and Values, regarding external customers, agencies, vendors, internal departments and co-workers.
Chesapeake Utilities, a growing energy company currently with locations in DE, MD, VA, PA, FL, and OH, is currently looking for a strong and creative team member with experience in business system analysis, strong problem solving abilities and the ability to document and implement solutions. We are looking for a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
* Act as an interface and liaison between the business units and Corporate IT.
* Works with business to anticipate future technology needed and be able to design technical solutions meeting those needs.
* Analyze business operations to understand strengths and weaknesses and determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
* Devise or enhances procedures to solve complex problems.
* Manage small and medium sized projects as necessary.
* Recommend method and procedural changes in accordance with Industry Best Practices.
* Work with the IT team to continuously improve environment and operations.
* Becomes a key point in escalation process and may take ownership of major incidents to ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review.
* Work with internal and third party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services.
* Regular interaction with Senior and Executive Management. Review IT projects and services, identify gaps and support resolution of gaps.
* Participate in the development and delivery of presentations to Senior and Executive Management.
Requires??a total commitment to Chesapeake Utilities Corporation's Mission, Vision and Values and:
* Bachelors degree preferred.
* Minimum of 6 to 10 years of experience in business analysis. Possesses knowledge, skills and abilities required to provide solutions to most business problems.
* Understands concepts of business systems analysis.
* Demonstrated experience in one or two IT Competencies such as Application Development, Infrastructure, Application Support, Database Administration.
* Strong communication skills and ability to work with Executive Management of the business unit.
* Basic Project Management training and experience.
* PMP or CAPM certification desirable.
* Must display initiative, be able to work independently and have good analytical skills.
* Previous experience as a Team Lead or demonstrable experience in leading virtual teams.
* Ability for travel up to 25% of time.
Associated topics: business analytic, business intelligence, business systems analyst, consult, government, investment analytics, investment banking, investment fund, monitor, refinement