Field Agronomist II (Bethany Beach)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Field Agronomist II- Northeast RegionYOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Agronomist II, are to:
- Primary responsibility is the timely planning, execution, and completion of biological performance studies for compounds in the field development phase of new product discovery and development;
- Conduct significant field work including planting, product application, performance assessment, and harvesting of crops relevant to the Northeastern US in Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire;
- Involvement in early stage testing and screening is expected;
- Assist peer Market Development Reps with University and Cooperator relationships; in cases of early phase testing serve as the local Bayer contact for university research staff and other key influencers and establish a working partnership with them;
- Make technical knowledge transfer presentations to internal customers and at scientific meetings to educate, promote and create interest in new Bayer technology;
- Occasionally participate in sales and customer training as a technical advisor during knowledge transfer as products reach registration and pre-launch benchmarks;
- Network with peers, Market Development, Regional Management and Agronomic Services Managers in Product Development to identify new product markets, explore means to capitalize on these opportunities, and to optimize Bayer resources;
- Position protocols and manage Grant In Aid budgets with influencers when external trial work is needed; cooperate with region peers, Agronomic Services Managers and Market Development Reps to conduct biological trials in areas or crops not readily available at persons internal site;
- Maintain direct interface with key customers and University personnel to keep updated on new technology and pest problems;
- Serve as a Bayer Crop Science Ambassador;
- Be responsible for safety in handling and storage of pesticides, vehicle and equipment used to conduct field trials;
- Assist with safety training;
- Maintain valid Driver s License and meet all requirements to drive a company vehicle;
- Maintain an active status in appropriate professional societies and industry groups and prepare and deliver technical presentations at meetings.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. in plant pathology, entomology, weed science, horticulture or related agricultural discipline with a minimum of three years relevant industry experience in the evaluation of crop production technologies; OR
- M.S. in plant pathology, entomology, weed science, horticulture or related agricultural discipline with a minimum of five years of relevant experience in the evaluation of crop production technologies; OR
- B.S. in plant pathology, entomology, weed science, horticulture or related agricultural discipline with a minimum of seven years of relevant experience in the evaluation of crop production technologies;
- Agronomic functional knowledge of all key and most secondary crops and pests within the territory is essential;
- Incumbent must be a proven resource for innovation, trial design, and conduct of field trials, with regional/national familiarity with crop/pest biology and management principals in the area of his/her specialty;
- Advanced communication and human relations skills are necessary to perform the duties of the position, influence decision makers and project a positive Bayer technical image;
- Advanced analytical and creative skills are needed to identify and take advantage of new business opportunities within the territory;
- Advanced organizational, prioritization, and planning skills;
- Advanced interpersonal skills are required for effective interaction with key influencers;
- Peers and other Bayer Crop Science personnel recognize individuals in this position as one to seek for advice in problem solving;
- The incumbent must be capable of operating experimental and commercial spray equipment and laboratory equipment;
- Must hold a current commercial pesticide applicators license valid in the assigned work area or have the ability to obtain a commercial pesticide applicators license;
- Ability to summarize data from protocols;
- A good to excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is essential.
- This position will conduct significant work in crops relevant to the Northeastern US, experience in insecticide and fungicide work in row crops, potatoes, vegetables, and tree fruits is preferred;
- A working knowledge in agriculture related plant pathology, entomology, and weed science;
- For internal candidates three consecutive years of high-level performance (at or above expectations) as a Field Agronomist I (previously called Field
Development Scientist I) or equivalent position.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the 'Passion to Innovate' and the 'Power to Change', we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: United States : Delaware : Residence Based || United States : Pennsylvania : Residence Based
Division: Crop Science
Reference Code: 92541
+ 1 888-###-####, option #5
Loading some great jobs for you...