Associate Director, Market Access Strategy (Immunology)
Compensation: $169,610.00 - $169,610.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. Were focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
The BioPharmaceuticals Business Unit (BBU) creates and executes meaningful therapeutic area and product strategies that are focused on addressing the unmet needs of patients around the world. We are committed to changing the course of medicine and bringing innovative therapies to enhance the quality of life for our patients. The BBU integrates commercial, market access, medical, digital, and corporate functions to drive scientific development and commercial excellence in the core areas of respiratory, cardiovascular, renal and diabetes disease.Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Sr. Director Market Access Strategy, the Assoc. Dir., Market Access Strategy (AD) will be responsible for shaping and executing the market access strategies for an investigational biologic. The incumbent will contribute to the development and management of a Specialty Pharmacy Network, including execution of data / service agreements and managing the Patient Journey. The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating strategy and priorities with Access Services (Hub and Field Reimbursement Managers FRMs) to ensure excellent patient and provider experience. Additionally, the incumbent will develop and manage the affordability strategies, programs, reporting and associated messaging and customer promotional assets. This candidate will work closely with the Marketing, Medical Affairs, Insight and Sales teams to ensure seamless customer experience and alignment toward the overall brand objectives.
- Supports Director, Market Access Strategy to develop strategic Specialty Pharmacy Network
- Engages with Specialty Pharmacy Account Directors to establish service and data agreements and manage network performance, optimizing the patient journey
- Designs and Implements of affordability programming that ensures patient access while carefully stewarding brand budget and gross to net impact
- Collaborates with Access Services / Hub and Field Reimbursement managers to ensure alignment to brand objectives
- Collaborates with cross-functional team (Marketing, Insights, Medical Affairs, Field Sales) as well as Market Access customer-facing teams to identify rich market insights across patients, providers, and payers to inform and evolve comprehensive market access strategies and aligned messaging across customer segments
- Effectively manages agency relationships ensuring promotional programs are delivered on-time and within budget
- Develops and manages associated budgets in compliance with AZ finance and accounting requirements
- Performs all company business in accordance with regulations and company policies and procedures
- Bachelors Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience within the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical market including payer marketing, contracting, account management, and/or specialty field sales
- Strong understanding of the US market access landscape and the legal/regulatory environment for pharmaceuticals/biopharmaceuticals
- Ability to think strategically across the full business and to translate strategy into tactical implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate colleagues at all levels to execute on strategy
- Teamwork and leadership skills, including the ability to gain consensus and act within ambiguous, complex matrix organization
- Results oriented with excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Thorough understanding of customer and industry marketing practices and trends
- Demonstrated drive, and desire to grow career beyond the Associate Director, Market Access Role.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20%)
Next Steps -- Apply today!
- MBA preferred
- Experience developing and executing market access strategy in pre-launch phases
- Experience in the Rheumatology, Immunology or Lupus Therapeutic Areas
- Specialty Managed Markets Experience
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
Associated topics: advertise, alumni, chief marketing officer, market, medical center, policies, principle gift, public relations, regulatory, twitter
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...