The Water Business Line of Arcadis is currently searching for entry-level Water Engineers, to join our team in Philadelphia, PA; Pittsburgh, PA; Buffalo, NY and Wilmington, DE.
The primary focus of this Engineer will be planning, design and construction administration for multiple project opportunities focused on municipal wastewater, stormwater and/or drinking water systems. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, works well both independently and as part of a team, is interested in a combination of office work, field assignments, and travel and maintains a flexible attitude towards assignments, possessing the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly.
Technical responsibilities will include but are not limited to: evaluating alternative concepts including the development of design calculations and drawings, summarizing basis of design concepts in written reports and memorandums, condition assessment evaluations, CAD and GIS work, database development and spreadsheet analysis, and/or construction administration and field oversight.
This position requires excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), strong attention to detail, the ability to balance multiple assignments and activities to meet project deadlines and the ability to perform field investigations and condition assessments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Work closely and communicate regularly with teammates across Arcadis, clients, subcontractors and other stakeholders.
* Prepare progress reports, participate in client meetings and interact with clients, contractors, subcontractors, and the general public in both office and field settings.
* Work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously, utilizing organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills to responsibly manage workload.
* Exercise judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
* Ensure project compliance with all Arcadis practices and quality and safety standards and facilitate coordination for timely completion and submission of projects on time and budget.
* Field activities including construction inspection, sampling, asset inventory, and condition assessment, and flow monitoring set-up and monitoring.
* Candidate must be willing to work in Philadelphia (PA), Pittsburgh (PA), Wilmington (DE) or Buffalo (NY) with occasional travel for field assignments. The candidate is urged to speak to their location preference within their cover letter.
* Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or another relevant engineering field
* Local candidates will be given preference
* Masters degree in Civil, Environmental, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering
* Prior internship experience in Consulting Engineering, Municipal work, or Construction
* EIT certification
* Experience/training with AutoCAD or GIS
* Active membership/leadership in environmental and/or engineering professional societies
Associated topics: ecotoxicology, environmental engineer, environmental health safety, environmental protection agency, epa, geotechnical, hydrogeologist, pollution, waste management, water